National Paper Shredding and Recycling – Secure Document Alliance
Paper Shredding and Recycling are becoming more and more important on a national scale. The current problem; not enough companies in the United States are utilizing this necessary service. In fact, according to sources at AF&PA, it is estimated that only fifty percent of businesses in the United States recycle their office paper; just think how many of those businesses probably do not utilize secure paper shredding either!
Why is this important?
For obvious reasons, paper shredding is extremely important in keeping personal and business information safe, secure, and confidential! Consumers and businesses alike do not want criminals or thieves gaining access to confidential information as they could steal your identity, trade secrets, financials, etc. Businesses may even need to maintain additional protection, as they could face hefty fines if ever a breach occurs. Our national associations have helped promote and improve policy and procedure within the secure paper shredding industry to support legislation of certain laws such as HIPPA, FACTA, and GLBA. These National associations understand the importance of document security, as well as keeping both local and national businesses in compliance while shredding and handling sensitive documents. Secure Document Alliance (SDA) not only has a secure chain of custody in place, but also takes care of the environment by recycling the shredded paper and doing their part to be a National Green company as well.
- The United States consumes more than 80 million tons of paper annually.
- It is estimated that 95% of business information is still stored on paper.
- Paper products are the most common item found in landfills and makes up about 35% of all landfill waste (when compared by material weight)
- Paper recycling drastically reduces the amount of greenhouse gas emissions polluting the atmosphere due to decomposition and processing.
- The U.S. EPA has found that recycling causes 35% less water pollution and 74% less air pollution than making virgin paper.
- For every ton of paper that is recycled 17 trees, 7,000 gallons of water, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, 2 barrels of oil, and 4,100 kw hours of electricity are saved.
- 80% of paper mills in the United States can process recycled paper and reproduce more paper products.
- The Secure Document Alliance Group (SDA) is a national shredding company that follows the industry rules and regulations, all of SDA paper shredding gets recycled.
The SDA offers national shredding and recycling programs that are cost-effective, secure, and environmentally friendly. To learn more about our national paper shredding and recycling policies offered, please contact us anytime: Secure Document Alliance, 1.801.886.9760
Posted Nov 18, 2013 by